Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are the default terms and conditions when providing products and services.
They serve to protect both parties and are the basis for any work supplied by Philip Hoile.
Generally Philip Hoile specialises in sites that use dynamic back end components created in-house. These are very reliable and are made using best practice standards. The source code to these systems remains the property of Philip Hoile and generally will not be transferred to another host without the approval of Philip Hoile.
The language and programming environment used is of the highest quality. We will use Java – JSP in combination with a MySQL database hosted on quality servers. The cost of the hosting is currently $29.95 a month $ 359.40 per year.
Details of the host plan are available at http://www.netregistry.com/web-hosting/Business-Web-Hosting.php Features:-
We are not the provider of hosting but have researched many hosts and use Netregistry for fast quality service.
Detailed statistical analysis and email features come as standard in this package. We usually bill our customers quarterly for hosting unless paying the yearly amount. The price will fluctuate only if the host changes the price. According to ‘Netregistry’ the prices would be more likely to come down than go up.
In order to run the administration systems a host that supports JSP is required. The host I recommend is Netregistry based in Sydney. Please note that the systems provided will only run on Hosts that have these systems available and cannot be transferred to other hosts without a detailed study of that host and approval by us.
It is a requirement of the host that customers are aware of their responsibilities http://www.netregistry.com.au/customer-service/legals/ is the updated online version, below is a copy. Please check online for the current updateTerms and conditions
In order to become a reseller or ISP Partner of NetRegistry, or user of any NetRegistry services, you must agree to the following terms and conditions. Your agreement to these terms will be indicated to use by sending to us an application, duly completed confirmation (if requested) or commencement of reseller of ISP activities or use of any NetRegistry services, whichever occurs first.
The following terms of business apply to any or all of the domain name registration, Web site hosting, email, spam and virus protection, Search Engine Optimisation and Secure Web Page services to be provided by NetRegistry to you from time to time, as well as any services provided by us under any reseller or ISP agreement (Services and individually Service). Server means the computer server equipment operated by us in connection with the provision of the Services. Web Site means the area on the Server allocated by NetRegistry to you for use by you as a site on the Internet. Secure Web Page means the Web page operated and located on the Server which allows you to collect credit card details in a means that is difficult for other people to view the page when it is loaded, because the page is encrypted, Search Engine Optimisation means any service which is designed to assist your Web Site gain a higher listing in the Search Engine results.
Special terms of contracts
Domain name registration terms
1. We do not warrant or guarantee that the domain name applied for will be registered in your name or is capable of being registered by you. Accordingly, you should take no action in respect of your requested domain name(s) until you have been notified that your requested domain name has been registered.
2. Both the registration of the domain name and its ongoing use are subject to the relevant naming authority's terms and conditions of use and you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of those terms and conditions and can and do comply with them. You irrevocably waive any claims you may have against us in respect of the decision of a naming authority to refuse to register a domain name and, without limitation agree that the administration charge paid by you to us shall be non-refundable in any event.
3. We accept no responsibility in respect of the use of a domain name by you and any dispute between you and any other individual or organisation regarding a domain name must be resolved between the parties concerned and we will take no part in any such dispute. We reserve the right, on our becoming aware of such a dispute, at our sole discretion and without giving any reason, to either suspend or cancel the domain name, and/or to make appropriate representations to the relevant naming authority.
Website hosting/email/secure webpage/virus protection terms
1. We specifically exclude any warranty as to the accuracy or quality of information received by any person via the Server and in no event will we be liable for any loss or damage to any data stored on the Server. You are responsible for maintaining insurance cover in respect of any loss or damage to data stored on the Server. You warrant to us that you will only use your assigned Web Site for lawful purposes. In particular, you further warrant and undertake to us that: a. you will not, nor will you authorise or permit any other person to, use the Server in violation of any law or regulation; b. you will not knowingly or recklessly post, link to or transmit any material: i. that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harmful, malicious, defamatory, violent or teaching violence, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable in any way; or ii. containing a virus or other hostile computer program; iii. that shall constitute or encourage a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or that violates or infringes any trade mark, copyright, other intellectual property rights or similar rights of any person under the laws of any jurisdiction; and c. you will conform to the standards made available by us from time to time and will not yourself, and will ensure that none of your end users, make excessive or wasteful use of the Server to our detriment or that of our other customers.
2. You are responsible for sending mail in accordance with any relevant legislation, including but not limited to the Commonwealth Spam Act (2003) and for sending the same in a secure manner. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure accurate and prompt routing of messages but we will not accept any liability for non-receipt or misrouting or any other failure of email. In the event of deliberate transmission of unsolicited commercial email (UCE), NetRegistry reserves it right to terminate services without prior notification.
3. You warrant, undertake and agree that:
a. any transactions within your Web site which are contracts for the sale of goods or services will be between you as the merchant and your end-user customer and you agree that we may include an exclusion of our liability in respect of such purchases and transactions in such form as we deem appropriate;
b. the information contained within your Web site will comply with all applicable law, and codes of practice governing the use of Web sites and related services, including, without limitation, those laws and/or codes of practice governing distance selling and data protection from time to time in force;
c. you will keep secure any identification, password and other confidential information relating to your account and you will notify us immediately of any known or suspected unauthorised use of your account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft or unauthorised disclosure of your password information. Notwithstanding such notification you will be liable for any and all uses of your account (and Web site) notwithstanding any fraudulent or improper use of your password or any other access to any of the facilities we offer which is not unauthorised use or access by us.
4. Whilst we shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure the integrity and security of the Server, we do not guarantee that the Server will be free from unauthorised users or hackers.
5. We do not warrant whatsoever that our virus protection services will stop every virus from reaching your computer network. We make no warranty that the service will be error free or free from interruption of failure, and the company expressly disclaims any express or implied warranty regarding system and/or service availability, accessibility, or performance.
Search engine optimisation services
1. Whilst we will try to improve the position of your Web Site in the Search Engine results in response to a search request, we do not warrant that this effort is in any way guaranteed
2. We cannot be held responsible for any changes to the position of your Web Site in the Search Engines results in response to a search request
3. If you cancel all link building, associated services (such as Hits Links) will cease.
Reseller and ISP partner terms
1. If you are or become a reseller of our Services you must ensure that you continue to comply with these terms and conditions by making your customers bound to no less comprehensive and protective terms and conditions than these.
2. You agree that in your capacity as reseller of our services you will not incur any liability on our part or in any way pledge or purport to pledge our credit or purport to make any contract binding on us.
3. We do not accept the liability or default of your own customers as affecting or limiting your obligations under this agreement and we suggest that you require your customers to sign a form of this agreement.
4. As a reseller of our Services, you are responsible for ensuring that any promotional, advertising or other material you distribute to your customers (whether in paper form or electronically):
a. does not contain any misrepresentation relating to NetRegistry or the nature of your relationship with NetRegistry;
b. is in accordance with all applicable advertising standards;
c. does not contravene any law of the relevant jurisdiction;
d. is appropriate in all the circumstances; and that you otherwise comply with all laws and regulations governing the exercise of your right as reseller under this agreement.
e. retain the right to require you to cease distribution of any advertising, promotional and/or other material which in our view is unacceptable by reference to the criteria referred to at paragraph 4 above.
5. You agree to indemnify, keep indemnified and hold us harmless from and against any claim brought against us by a third party resulting from the provision of our Services by you to your customers, and in respect of all losses, costs, actions, proceedings, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liabilities whatsoever suffered and howsoever incurred by us as a consequence of your breach or non-observance of the Reseller and ISP Terms.
General terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all reseller and ISP contracts and provision of all Services, including the registration of .au.com sub-domains the special terms for which are set out below:
We shall use reasonable endeavours to provide continuing availability of the Server and the Services but we shall not, in any event, be liable for Service interruptions or down time of the Server. Intellectual property rights and other consents
You are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary intellectual property rights clearances and/or other consents and authorisations, including without limitation, clearances and/or consents in respect of your proposed domain name and merchant services agreements between you and the relevant financial institutions.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified and hold us harmless from and against any claim brought against us by a third party resulting from the provision of Services by us to you and your use of the Server, and in respect of all losses, costs, actions, proceedings, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), or liabilities, whatsoever suffered and howsoever incurred by us in consequence of your breach or non-observance of these terms. Termination
1. We may terminate this agreement forthwith if you fail to pay any sums due to us as they fall due.
2. We may terminate this agreement immediately if you breach any of these terms and conditions, or if you are a company you go into insolvent liquidation, or if you are a person you are declared bankrupt.
3. On termination of this agreement we shall be entitled immediately to block your Web Site and to remove all data located on it. We will hold such data for a period of 14 days and allow you to collect it, at your expense ($150/hr), failing which we shall be entitled to delete all such data. We shall further be entitled to post such notice in respect of the non-availability of your Web Site as we think fit.
4. If you wish to terminate your account with NetRegistry, you must do so by completing the form at cancellations, otherwise your account will be automatically renewed for the same subscription period and you will be liable for, and immediately invoiced upon the commencement of, such additional subscription period. Specifically, NetRegistry will not accept verbal instructions to terminate an account. Submission of the form at cancellations will generate an automated email to the email address specified in the form, and within this email will be a unique tracking number that is the only proof of cancellation that will be accepted by NetRegistry. The ONLY exception to this cancellation process is for Search Engine Optimisation services, which must be cancelled by emailing details of the service to be cancelled to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. On receipt of your cancellation request, NetRegistry will cancel your service at the first available opportunity.
6. There are no refunds or credits, once an invoice is generated, unless an invoice for a service is generated after a cancellation requested is submitted.
1. All charges payable by you to us for the Services shall be in accordance with the relevant scale of charges and rates published from time to time by us on our Web site and shall be due and payable within thirty (30) days of receipt of our invoice therefore.
2. The provision by us of the Services is contingent upon our having received payment in full from you in respect of the relevant Services. Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies under this agreement, if any sum payable is not paid on or before the due date, we reserve the right, forthwith and at our sole discretion, to suspend the provision of Services to you.
3. If you fail to make payment within the terms of this agreement, you will become liable for the cost of collection. This will include interest on any overdue amount, calculated at the daily rate of 12% per annum, from the due date of the payment.
4. Upon provision of a credit card account, you give us authorisation to automatically debit your credit card for all charges on issuance of a valid invoice.
1. If you nominate that the good(s) or service(s) you have purchased to be invoiced, you will be charged a $4.40 account fee per invoice issued.
Late payment fee
1. If you exceed our thirty (30) days credit terms, you will be charged an $11.00 late payment fee. A revised invoice will be sent to your nominated e-mail address.
Exclusion and limitation of liability
1. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW WE HEREBY EXCLUDE ALL CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT HEREIN. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT, WE MAKE OR GIVE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER OR INCIDENTAL TO THIS AGREEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US, OUR RESELLERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES HEREBY GIVEN, AND YOU MAY NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
2. Our total aggregate liability to you for any claim in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services shall be limited to the charges paid by you in respect of the Services which are the subject of any such claim and provided that you notify us of any such claim within one year of it arising.
3. In no event shall we be liable to you for any loss of business, contracts, profits or anticipated savings or for any other indirect or consequential or economic loss whatsoever.
In the event that this agreement constitutes a supply of goods or services to a consumer as defined in the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or any other national, State or Territory legislation (the Acts) nothing contained in this agreement excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty or other obligation in relation to this agreement and the goods and you where to do so is unlawful. To the full extent permitted by law, where the benefit of any such condition, warranty or other obligation is conferred upon you pursuant to any of the Acts, our sole liability for breach of any such condition, warranty or other obligation, including any consequential loss which you may sustain or incur, shall be limited (except as otherwise specifically set forth herein) to:
a. in relation to goods
i. the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods or payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
ii. the repair of the goods or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; b. in relation to services i. the supplying of the services again; or
ii. The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again as in each case we may elect.
Except where expressly provided otherwise, any notice to be given by either party to the other may be sent by either email, fax, post or courier to the address of the other party as appearing in this agreement or ancillary application forms or such other address as such party may from time to time have communicated to the other in writing, and if sent by email shall unless the contrary is proved be deemed to be received on the day it was sent or if sent by fax shall be deemed to be served on receipt of an error free transmission report, or if sent by post or courier shall be deemed to be served two days following the date of posting.
If any clause of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the invalid or unenforceable wording shall be deemed to be omitted.
The benefit of this agreement may be assigned by us, but not our obligations to you - to do that, you agree that we may give notice to you in writing, and your failure to respond will be deemed acceptance. You may transfer this agreement provided that you give us notice in the form we require (setting out the details of the assignee) accompanied by payment of any transfer fee specified by us. No other method of transfer by you is permitted.
Change to terms on renewal
We may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. Details of our current terms are available at /legal/terms.html.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between NetRegistry and you, and supersede all prior agreements, understandings and representations whether oral or written. No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall alter the interpretation of these terms and conditions. Except as provided above, no variation may be made to the contract unless it is in writing and signed by authorised representatives of you and NetRegistry.
Entire agreement, governing law
This agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in the state of New South Wales. Both parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.
Notifications & communications
In addition to general Account, Billing and Service communications, NetRegistry will, from time to time, issue email notifications relating to our services, including, but not limited to Newsletters, Announcements, Promotional and Seasonal offers, and Surveys. By entering into agreement with these terms and conditions, you agree to receive email communications by inferred consent until such time as you decide to opt-out of such communications. You may opt out of our mailing list at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by following 'unsubscribe' instructions contained within the communications
You will not be able to opt-out of Critical Service Notifications, Renewal, Billing and Account Notifications, Scheduled Downtime Notifications or any other communications deemed to be an essential part of our service to you.
End of Netregistry Terms and Conditions
I am personally available via Phone or email to ensure your site is always performing as it should. You will find no hidden or extra charges. Once the site is running it requires minimal ongoing maintenance. The design of the site and the programming allows for simple upgrades and changes to be made. The code will not go out of date in the medium term but it is possible that over time and changes to the Internet that this site may need upgrading to continue to operate.
Training is offered to a designated administrator free from the date of launching the site for a period of two months – maximum 8 hours.
We can optionally implement a backup plan to ensure data is periodically backed up and stored on a separate machine. We cannot take responsibility for loss of data and refer you to the host agreement where they will take no responsibility for data loss – however using quality hosts reduces the chances of this occurring.
The site will be enhanced by us to be contemporary, stylish and easy to use. Should you require the services of a graphic artist for the site this would be an extra charge. Implementing graphical changes to your site is always an option and will incur a standard hourly rate to implement these changes.
The system we are providing has been enhanced and tested over a number of years. We are confident that after standing the test of time our systems will perform as expected.
Timeliness of Information
In order to complete a web site information must be supplied in a timely fashion to be added. Once the website has been launched there is a 2 month period where minor updates are completed at no charge. After this period information added to the site will incur costs to update based on an hourly rate. Please ensure information is ready to be added to the site before these deadlines.
THIS CONTRACTOR AGGREEMENT
BETWEEN Philip Hoile t/a GOLD COAST LOGIC INTEGRATION (ABN 72 778 192 874) 2/20 Stafford Ave Main Beach 4217 (The Contractor)
AND: (The Company)
This agreement serves to clarify the conditions for creating a web site project for the Company. This document is a collaborative document created in co-operation between the Contractor and the Company.
The host requires that you are aware of http://www.netregistry.com.au/customer-service/legals/ by making your customers bound to no less comprehensive and protective terms and conditions than these.
The site will only run on Hosts equipped with Java-JSP and a transfer of host will only occur if that host is approved by Philip Hoile. If you wish to transfer to another host without the authorisation of Philip Hoile certain parts of your site are not transferable. Refer SOFTWARE LICENSING FOR SOFTWARE PREVIOUSLY PRODUCED. Generally any code that runs in the background admin system will NOT be transferable to a non authorised host.
Philip Hoile is authorised to access the web site make changes as per this agreement.
Philip Hoile has sole access to the code. In the event of serious illness or death code will be made available to a replacement programmer.
Philip Hoile is authorised to manage links from external sites to your site. These sites may be owned by Philip Hoile or be partners/clients. This is provided at the discretion of Philip Hoile. The company has the right to request a link be removed from any directory/site that Philip Hoile has placed their link. Philip Hoile has the right to remove links from sites without approval from the company where Philip Hoile has sought and acquired that link permission. The company has the right to seek and place links on external websites to their site.
COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
The company will bear the responsibility for any copyright or trademark infringements from information the company supplies for the website.
Philip Hoile will not be held liable for any amount in excess of those fees paid to him in the creation of this site.
Philip Hoile will include a link at the bottom of the site referring to my business www.goldcoastlogin.com.au.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the law of the state of Queensland and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Philip Hoile has the right to remove the website from the Internet in the case of -:
A worksheet will provide a list of duties Philip Hoile will perform in order to complete the website.
Work will commence after the deposit has been paid. When every item listed in the Worksheet has been completed and the site is launched the final payment must be made within 14 days. Timeliness of information gathering is important here, as the information must be supplied prior to the launch date of the site to be included. Note a 2 month minor update period allows information to be added at no charge from the launch date as long as it is information mentioned in this document.
Philip Hoile will make himself available to update your site in a timely manner. Standard fees and conditions published on the web site at
www.goldcoastlogin.com.au/WebHosting/TermsConditions.htm will apply to updates. The Company must check updates are added to their satisfaction. Philip Hoile will bear no responsibility for any errors or omissions on updates. If sending an update by email the company is responsible for ensuring I have received that email. The very nature of the Internet makes it impossible to guarantee an email is received. Critical updates should be confirmed either by phone or post.
If the quotation is accepted, Philip Hoile (the Contractor) will not be held liable for any financial loss caused by the failure or perceived failure of the software. The tools used to create the software come with no guarantee they are fit for purpose or suitable for a purpose. The very nature of software is that it can fail due to factors within the software itself or from the machine(s) it runs on.
All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure the software meets the agreed specifications as listed in this document.
SOFTWARE LICENSING FOR SOFTWARE PREVIOUSLY PRODUCED
Philip Hoile has produced prior to this agreement numerous web-based systems including Content Management Systems, Networked Chat Systems, Imaging Systems and Calendaring Systems etc. that are his intellectual property and are referred to as Utility classes.
Whilst Philip Hoile will undertake all work in good faith and will not mislead the Company, it must be understood that I accept no liability for any financial loss that may occur in the use or perceived to be the use of the software. Philip Hoile is a competent and qualified programmer with numerous projects similar in nature to this Project. Philip Hoile declares he has the technical skill level to complete this project to current accepted web standards.
|All content Copyright © 2003 - Gold Coast Logic Integration|